Toddler Storytime introduces children to books with simple language and predictable plots. This program also introduces toddlers to storytime manners by helping them build listening skills and practice the self-control needed to be a good audience. Toddler Time is most appropriate for children that are not yet ready to sit for long periods of time and listen to more complex stories. Each Toddler Time is about 20 minutes long and concludes with a coloring activity. This program takes place in the Lobby Meeting Room and does not require a ticket or registration.
To ensure an enjoyable storytime experience for all families, please observe the following guidelines:
· Prepare your child for Toddler Storytime by talking about storytime manners—sitting or standing still, listening to the storyteller, talking quietly, and being kind to others.
· Some children need to work up to sitting through a full, 30-minute storytime. If your child becomes restless or upset, please step out of the room for a “break”, then quietly return when your child is ready.
· Small children may stand instead of sit, but should not run or climb during storytime.
· Keep casual conversations to a minimum and place cell phones on silent mode.
· Strollers are not allowed in the room. Baby carriers/car seats are acceptable.