Tuesday, Jul. 14
Grades 6-12: Teens are invited to submit work to our first ever TEEN SUMMER WRITING CONTEST. Original Poems and Short Stories will be accepted and must follow the following guidelines:
- Entries must be original work
- Teens may enter both categories
- Poetry - up to 2 poems may be submitted per author. They may be any style or length
- Short Story - Limit one story per author. It may be any genre, must be 2500 words or less.
- Each submission should include a cover sheet with: 1) Author Name 2) Title 3) Grade 4) School 5) Email Do not put author name on any other page to ensure anonymous judging can occur
- Email to email@example.com or drop off in person at East Hampton Public Library
- Deadline midnight August 18th
- Poems and Short Stories will be judged by Library Staff
- When applicable, winners will be selected in the middle school (6-9) and high school (9-12) levels for each category
- Winners will be announced at our Teen Summer Reading Closeout Monday August 24th - more details coming!
- Winning entries will be posted on the East Hampton Public Library website
- Register to recieve a raffle ticket for numerous prizes, each submission will earn a raffle ticket as well!
Questions? please contact firstname.lastname@example.org