Thursday, Sep. 3, 3:00pm
Miss Nessa will be sharing weekly videos all summer long that have science, technology, art, engineering, and math activities! This week is about density.
Learn about density and how some liquids just don’t mix! We’ll be making a density tower and an ocean in a bottle.
- Plastic bottle with a screw-top lid (any size - we’ll be using a 1-liter bottle)
- Tall glass with straight sides
- Vegetable or mineral oil (2 ½ cups if using a 1-liter bottle; adjust accordingly)
- Dishwashing liquid
- Water with blue food coloring added
- Honey (optional)
- Cherry tomato (optional)
- Ping pong ball (optional)
- Bolt (optional - only use if using honey)
- Turkey baster (optional)
- Glue (optional)