Wednesday, Sep. 22, 12:00pm
How to Evaluate the Feasibility of a New Business Idea
September 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Are you thinking about starting a business but not sure if it is a profitable opportunity? Do you already have a product or service but wondering where to go from here? The best first step for any aspiring entrepreneur is to create a concept statement. A concept statement should succinctly explain your product or service idea, why it is important, define the customer and the benefit to that customer. A well written concept statement can certainly help you create enthusiasm for your business idea but more importantly it will help you as the business owner to evaluate the opportunity for profitable success.
During this workshop we will review the elements of a concept statement including:
1. A Brief Description of the product or service concept
2. Defining your customer
3. Identifying the unmet need which your product or service addresses
4. Justifying why your product or service can address this need better than competition
5. Explaining the value this will provide your customer
6. Determining some thoughts on how you will out-market your competition
Our presenter will be Julie Brander, a certified SCORE Mentor and an Adjunct Professor of Business teaching Entrepreneurship, Small Business Management & Business Planning. She started & owned a wholesale, retail, manufacturing & non-profit organization.
Join us to hear this dynamic speaker and come prepared with questions for her and our other mentors on the call. REGISTER ONLINE HERE