Grown-Ups Reading Children’s Books
CSCL McLaughlin Room
Thursday, Sep. 16, 7:00-8:00
Join one of CSCL's newest book clubs - Grown-Ups Reading Children's Books! It may seem strange, but picture books inspire interesting and enriching conversations! Here are a few other reasons why this is a great book club for you:
- Picture books and other children's books are short! So if you're scraping for time, this is the book club for you!
- "The best children’s fiction helps us refind things we may not even know we have lost, taking us back to a time when new discoveries came daily and when the world was colossal, before the imagination was trimmed and neatened…" a great quote and reason from Katherine Rundell.
- Picture books are like pieces of art!
- Children's books can be sweet, moving, sad, funny, whimsical or dark.
- You'll never feel like you just don't 'get' the book!
- We'll meet in person (remember F2F meetings?) in our beautiful Reading Room (with couches and a fireplace!)