The first online reading program for public libraries with fully-integrated social networking features. Patron-centered design encourages patrons to discover new titles they will enjoy and increase their summer reading time as they interact with other readers and library staff — creating and sharing book lists, reviews, comments, following fellow readers and more. Why an online reading program?
- users can track their reading, write reviews and comment on each other's lists (all user-contributed content can be moderated);
- establish reading goals for your users or allow them to create their own goals;
- users can earn badges as they acheive their reading goals;
- users can discover other users with common reading interests and share titles;
- users can track library activities you define, optionally allow users to add their own activities;
- group/daycare registration (optional);
- staff can easily create book lists, designated as "Staff Picks", with automated links to your library catalog;
- staff can easily create custom reports of reader activity: filter reports by any criteria you choose;
- include your website's seasonal reading banner or use ER's professionally-designed graphics;
- easy to set up and administer;
- user-friendly interface for patrons and staff;
- no limit to the number of reading programs you can create;
- automated ScreenName and password recovery;
- automated goal notification (optional);
- easily share booklists on Facebook, Twitter and more;
- optional integration with Amazon for purchase of titles -- purchases support your library;
- check our fee calculator to see if your library qualifies for free services or for an instant quote.
- No setup fees!