Delight your patrons by alerting them when new titles are added to the library catalog by their favorite authors/performers!
- patrons use a simple web form to create alerts;
- alerts can be created for authors, performers, film studios – any author entry;
- patrons choose to be notified by email or text message;
- alerts include a direct link to the title in your library catalog;
- social networking features allow patrons to discover new authors they might enjoy;
- unlimited number of patrons and unlimited number of alerts;
- patrons LOVE alerts – at a large suburban library over 18,000 patrons have created alerts;
- patron interface can be blended into the look-and-feel of your existing website (where supported);
- no support required from your IT staff;
- optional password requirement for patrons;
- free for 85% of public libraries based on annual income ($100 set-up fee applies);
- catalogs currently supported: Sirsi/Dynix products, III Millenium, Polaris, Aquabrowser, Koha, Encore, TLC, Evergreen, Talis, Atriuum and Bibliocommons. Don't see your catalog listed? Please ask!
- check our fee calculator to see if your library qualifies for free services or for an instant quote.
What patrons are saying about Author Alerts:
"I LOVE the addition of the Author Alerts - it's a wonderful way to keep track of what is new and to put in your request!"
"Love the author alerts – what a great idea and service – THANK YOU!!!!!"
"Thank you for providing the "author alert" feature – it is so helpful, knowing I won't miss out on a new book!"